One recent Friday afternoon, I was asked by email what I would consider ‘fun’. Friday afternoons are frequently the place for this sort of thing as people build up to the weekend. This time I was working on something with long file load and save times and had a bit of time for reflection on the question...
My answer came, unexpectedly, on the third file save.
Random events can be:
- Unexpected things like emails popping up asking for bizarre answers.
- Strange tipsy people in train carriages who use the roof as a bottle opener, turning the experience into an ice breaker for the entire load of cattle-truck weary sardines watching.
- Visiting the Irish village of Effin (before Facebook came across it).
- Having an elderly neighbour who found a bag of yellow rubber gloves under the stairs and washed them, hanging them to dry on her washing line, completely oblivious as to how bizarre they looked.
- Attending, several years ago, a networking event at which only two others were present, one of whom was just setting off to cycle through the Atacama Desert. As a DIRECT result of that very conversation the wheels started to turn that have led to Tilia Publishing UK.
Randomness can be great fun. It can also be very fortunate.